Sunday, March 17, 2013

Woman Within Plus Size Jacket, Anorak In Weather-Resistant Taslon

Woman Within Plus Size Jacket, Anorak In Weather-Resistant Taslon
However, it's functional for my intended casual use in the rain and is mostly the cut, style, and lightness I was looking for in a raincoat. And I guess the price was inexpensive (compared to what I usually spend on coats anyway) so you kinda get what you pay for. I actually think this coat shouldn't run more than $30ish.

I have a somewhat-nicer-than-casual TravelSmith raincoat that looks nice enough to wear year-round in this similar cut and style but can't find it through them anymore... this is the closest style I could find... but it definitely looks cheap compared to my TravelSmith coat. Dang. I really feel like I bought the walmart copy of my TravelSmith, lol.

Not so in the picture. They look almost the same if you just compared pics. Plus this one is crinkly and sounds crinkly and feels more like a windbreaker with a heavy lining. Trust me, the picture makes this jacket look a lot nicer than it actually is. Even the colors look more faded in person (I looked at two). But then I paid a lot more for my TravelSmith coat so I really shouldn't compare... but I can't help it!! If you aren't expecting high quality, you won't be disappointed. It's an okay casual jacket with a nice style and cut.

I have the Khaki color and there is a black lining underneath... the khaki part is so thin and windbreakerish that there is a dark tint to it from the lining. It looks fine on this color, but I read complaints on ordering the white so be careful if they still have a dark lining on that one. The hood is very generous and a great size for a downpour, but not crazy disproportionate to the whole coat or anything. I have yet to wear it in actual rain so I don't know just how waterproof it will actually be.

And a size warning... it looks like the style is meant to run big. But it is REALLY big, lol... ignore the Amazon sizing chart!! It's incorrect for this jacket. Instead look at the Woman Within sizing chart which is right on this page under "Product Description." You will see how different they are. This is probably a great coat for taller women. I am 5'3" so this looks big and baggy on me so it helped to go down in size.

I had read reviews on Woman Within which warned of sizing issues and ordered a size down (plenty of reviews there if you'd like more opinions, but I've addressed many of the patterns I saw there). And ordering one size down could have been acceptable, I guess, but I prefer a trimmer look and didn't like the vague feeling I had on a big, shapeless garbage bag, so I returned it and ordered a second size down and it was much more form-fitting... perfect because I am in warmer weather and will not be wearing bulky sweaters under it, just t-shirts. And the sleeves now fit perfect. If you want to wear sweaters under it, I suggest you just go one size down.

Woman Within Plus Size Jacket, Anorak In Weather-Resistant Taslon


Features

    No comments:

    Post a Comment